Outdoor Activities for Young People
Bowles has a huge range of activities for all ages, course types and outcomes. We work with groups to design an activity programme that really meets their needs.
Outdoor Activities at Bowles
- Rock Climbing (on real rocks)
- Canoeing or kayaking on a nearby river – a great day out
- Pool kayaking – Ideal preparation for canoeing on open water.
- Low Ropes Course
- Bouldering – Low level rock-climbing.
- Abseiling – huge personal challenge
- Zip Wire
- Leap Of Faith
- Orienteering around the centre and in the local woods
- NightWalk – Very memorable for all ages
- EarthWalk – Environmental awareness games
Core Activities with a Team Focus
- Teamwork/Problem Solving
- Pool Raft Building
- Raft Building at a local reservoir
- Complex Team/Communication Tasks
- Expeditions – A treat that many miss out on these days. Brilliant!
- Overnight Camp
- Overnight Bivvy
Other Off-Site Activities
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Scrambling at Harrisons rocks, squirm through tunnels, explore small caves and scale the rocks
Activities Only For Older Age Groups (14+)
- High Ropes Course
- Jacobs Ladder – Scale the giant swinging ladder with rungs like telegraph poles. A serious team challenge for up to 4 climbers
Creative/Fun Evening Sessions for residential courses
- Treasure Hunt
- Talent Show – We provide the venue; you provide the talent (hopefully!)
- Camp Fire – What better way to end the day – marshmallows & hot chocolate
- DVD Session – in our beautiful chapel – Feel free to bring your own DVD
We can cater for most disabilities and special needs – just make sure you discuss them with us well in advance so we can plan the visit together effectively.