Activities for Schools
Bowles has a huge range of activities for all ages and course types. We work with schools to design an activity programme that really meets their needs. For a day course, just call us and we’ll book you in.
Core Activities at Bowles
- Rock Climbing (on real rocks)
- Canoeing or kayaking on a nearby river – a great day out
- Pool kayaking – Ideal preparation for canoeing on open water.
- Low Ropes Course
- Bouldering – Low level rock-climbing.
- Abseiling – huge personal challenge
- Zip Wire
- Leap Of Faith
- Orienteering around the centre and in the local woods
- NightWalk – Very memorable for children
- EarthWalk – Environmental awareness games
Core Activities with a Team Focus
- Teamwork/Problem Solving
- Pool Raft Building
- Raft Building at a local reservoir
- Complex Team/Communication Tasks
- Expeditions – A treat that many children miss out on these days. Brilliant!
- Overnight Camp
- Overnight Bivvy
Other Off-Site Activities
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Scrambling at Harrisons rocks, squirm through tunnels, explore small caves and scale the rocks
Activities For Older Age Groups (14+)
- High Ropes Course
- Jacobs Ladder – Scale the giant swinging ladder with rungs like telegraph poles. A serious team challenge for up to 4 climbers
Creative/Fun Evening Sessions for residential courses
- Treasure Hunt
- Talent Show – We provide the venue; you provide the talent (hopefully!)
- Camp Fire – What better way to end the day – marshmallows & hot chocolate
- DVD Session – in our beautiful chapel – Feel free to bring your own DVD
Please note any other relevant factors such as whether any of your pupils have previous experience at any of the activities, any special needs, behavioural issues or other relevant info. Please let us know.
We can cater for most disabilities and special needs – just make sure you discuss them with us well in advance so we can plan the visit together effectively.
A typical 5-day residential activity programme
|Monday||Arrival, settle in||Skiing 1||Team Working|
|Tuesday||Rock climbing||Orienteering training||Canoeing in the pool|
|Wednesday||Canoeing on the river or the coast||Treasure hunt / campfire|
|Thursday||Skiing 2||Rock climbing and abseiling||Ropes course|
|Friday||Orienteering event||Skiing 3, departure|